By: Hannah Nelson
I’m sure you’ve all heard that laughter is the best medicine.
That is incorrect.
Since spring semester is officially back in full swing, everyone is super busy and way stressed out. Even if you’re not a student, it’s post-Christmas and tax season, which is arguably the most depressing time of the year.
With all of your day-to-day hardships, plus those surprises that always seem to come at the worst time, what you need to do is go see some live music.
We are blessed here in Columbia, MO to have some amazing music venues that are so ready to fill our melodic needs and for a decent price, I might add.
So without further adieu, here is the music that you must see this week:
- Tom Andes blesses Murry’s with his piano talents, 7-10pm.
- LogJam Blues Monday with Johnny D and Friends @ The Bridge, 8pm.
- Open Mic @ The Bridge, 8pm.
- Roman Alexander Band @ Rose Music Hall (formerly Mojo’s), 7:30pm.
- Tom Andes @ Murry’s, 7-10pm
- Rupert Wates @ The Bridge, 8pm.
- Bo And The Locomotive + The Rollups at Rose Music Hall, 8pm.
**There are probably other musical things going on this night in CoMo, but if you aren’t at The Rose for this show, you will regret it.
- The Schwag, a Grateful Dead tribute @ The Blue Note, 8pm.
- Nick Schnebelen of Trampled Under Foot @ Rose Music Hall, 8pm.
- Dirty Disco’s 5 Year Anniversary Party @ Eastside, 8pm. Come celebrate 5 years of dirty disco-ing!
- The Woodsmiths @ Eastside Tavern. With Graham Kennedy, The Gold Standards, and David Dearnley.
- Manic Focus at The Blue Note, 9pm. For the EDM fans.
- Spoonfed Tribe + Jenny Teator & The Fevers @ Rose Music Hall, 8pm.