MONDAY DECEMBER 9
- Blue Monday Blues Jam @ The Bridge. 8pm: With host The Mojo Roots. Free!
- Open Mic @ The Blue Fugue. 7pm: Tonight is a special open mic night, house band Punch Face will be debuting. Happy hour from 7-9. Free!
TUESDAY DECEMBER 10
- Dead Tenant @ Mojo’s. 9:30pm: Straight from the Columbus indie scene, Dead Tenant will be rocking some different ways of playing guitar – his show has been called “surgeon like.” Get there early for Columbia opener Maxito Lindo.
- Open Mic @ The Bridge. 8pm: Free!
WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 11
- Buried @ The Bridge. 9pm: Need to release some of your mid finals week stress? Then this heavy rock show is for you. Free!
THURSDAY DECEMBER 12
- KCOU Presents Arctic Monkeys @ The Blue Note. 8:30 pm: For those of you already going, I don’t have to tell you how great of a show this will be. Unfortunately for the rest of you, this is already sold out. But alas, there are always scalpers outside the door if you just can’t miss this.
- Freestyle Battle Tournament @ The Blue Fugue. 8pm: All you sucka MC’s, come out to the Blue Fugue and enter this freestyle battle. The Fugue will be taking 16 entries, and the winner will get 2 hours of studio time for free. For all of you non-freestylers, come out for what is sure to be an entertaining night.
- Cloudy @ The Bridge. 8pm: A showcase of regional talents from Columbia, St. Louis, and Kansas City.
- Karaoke Time Wow! @ Eastside Tavern: This is probably the most fun karaoke night in town and it’s always crowded so show up early if you want to sing. If you haven’t been yet – GO, you won’t regret it.
FRIDAY DECEMBER 13
- Tech N9ne @ The Blue Note. 9pm: Finals week will be officially over, so come out to the Blue Note and get a little crazy for Tech N9ne. Guaranteed to be a great night.
- The Glass Cavalry & Robot Coffee Break @ The Bridge. 8pm: Not a Tech N9ne fan? Then come out to The Bridge and blow off some steam with these eclectic regional bands.
- KCOU Presents Blue is the Warmest Color @ Ragtag Cinema. 8:30pm: No, this is not a show, it is a movie. But KCOU is presenting so you should all go. Free for student members. Happy end of the semester!
SATURDAY DECEMBER 14
- Don’t Mind Dying, We Live in Public, & Downphase @ The Blue Fugue. 7pm: A great night of local blues rock bands. Don’t forget the Fugue’s Happy Hour from 7-9pm.
- Dirtfoot @ Mojo’s. 9:30pm: Dirtfoot has been called “a dose of gypsy punk country grumble boogie.” Hardly anything sounds as fun as that. Get there early for openers The Kay Brothers and Buddha’s Groove Shoes.
- Nation of Love Showcase @ The Bridge. 8pm: Nation of Love is an independent record label based out of Columbia. Come out to The Bridge to hear what this label has been releasing lately.
SUNDAY DECEMBER 15
- Not too much is happening this Sunday night, so chill out, and let winter break festivities ensue.