MONDAY NOVEMBER 11
- Gloom Balloon, Christopher the Conquered, Dee Bird, Googolplexia @ Sparky’s. 11 pm: A fun mix of local and regional artists playing after hours at your favorite local ice cream shop. Nuff’ said. Seriously though, these small local shows usually rotate through local haunts like Sparky’s, Cafe Berlin, The Fugue, and really wherever else they can secure space in the wake of losing the Fay St. venue and they always promise to be interesting. The usuall crowd is always welcoming and fun, these shows are really one of CoMo’s best kept secrets.
- Open Mic @ The Blue Fugue: The Fugue has one of the best open mic nights in town (often MC’d by our own Lovectecus). Also: If you’re interested in signing up just come in anytime between 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm to snag a spot. It’s also free, so that”s cool.
TUESDAY NOVEMBER 12
- ++SACRIDOSE+$KI MA$K+NONSERVIAM++ @Cafe Berlin. 9:00 pm: Another gathering of local and regional artists with a hard edge. Despite being a somewhat unlikely venue, shows at Cafe Berlin are pretty damn awesome and everyone should make it out at least once.
- Pub Trivia @ Mojos. 9:30 pm: Hosted by Flying Burrit-show host Zach Kerns, this is (unbiasedly) probably the best, or at least most fun, trivia night in CoMo. Just show up with a group of at least four before 9:30 to register. Pizza Tree is also open so you can eat some ‘za while you duke it out.
- Suit N’ Tie Karaoke @ The Blue Fugue. 9:00 pm: Putting a classy spin on Karaoke, Suit and Tie entertainment is presenting karaoke this week. Why not get francy before you take to the stage?
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 13
Humpday is slow this week; find something to do on your own, or actually do homework.
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 14
- Karaoke Time Wow! @ Eastside Tavern: This is probably the most fun karaoke night in town and it’s always crowded so show up early if you want to sing. If you haven’t been yet – GO, you won’t regret it.
- Mountain Sprout and The Kay Brothers @ Mojo’s: 9:30 pm: A bluegrass show at Mojo’s is sure to not disappoint. Even if bluegrass isn’t your “thing,” you’re sure to have a great time.
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 15
- Happy Hour w/ John Galbraith @ Mojo’s: 5:00 pm: CD Release show for Galbraith’s Souvenir. Mojo’s has great happy hour specials, so grab a drink and a slice from Pizza Tree, and enjoy some local music.
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 16
- Dubb Nubb Release Show @ The Ranch: 8:00 pm: Columbia folk trio Dubb Nubb is releasing their next full-length, Wild Dreamin, which they plan to play in full at this show. Come see what they’ve been cookin’ up, and check out the amazing openers The Onions and Stepdaughter.
- KCOU Presents Clutch @ The Blue Note: 8:00 pm: If the words stoner rock, post-hardcore, metal, or grunge peak your interest, then this is the show for you. Get there early to rock out to openers American Sharks and The Sword as well.