MONDAY NOVEMBER 18
- Blue Monday Blues w/ Matthew Curry and the Fury @ The Bridge. 8:00pm: Get your blues rock fill at The Bridge! At only 18, Matthew Curry is an amazing blues guitarist, and he and the band are sure to bring an electrifying show.
- Open Mic @ The Blue Fugue. 7pm: Free!
TUESDAY NOVEMBER 19
- Iris Dement @ Mojo’s.: 8:00pm: Country and folk music lovers: get excited for this show. Dement’s first album was released in 1992, and she has made quite a name for herself since then. Appearing in duets with the likes of Steve Earle and Emmylou Harris, Dement is now touring behind her first original release in 16 years, Sing the Delta, and is sure to put on an amazing show.
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 20
- The Onions & Spider Jack @ Mojo’s. 8:30pm: A jangly, Americana show that will no doubt be full of energy. Also it’s free, what more could you ask for?
EDM Take Over @ The Blue Fugue. 8:00 pm: Come Dance, Hoop, Spin, and Drink the night away while Columbia’s Top Electronic Dance DJs spin and mix loud thumping harmonies into your eardrums! Get there at 7pm to enjoy the Fugue’s happy hour until 9!
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 21
- Karaoke Time Wow! @ Eastside Tavern: This is probably the most fun karaoke night in town and it’s always crowded so show up early if you want to sing. If you haven’t been yet – GO, you won’t regret it.
- Danny Kay and the Nightlifers, Monte Carlos, Rae Fitzgerald @ The Blue Fugue: 8:00 pm: This show guarantees a fantastic combination of rock n’ roll, Americana, and rockabilly. Make sure to get there at 7pm to enjoy the Fugue’s happy hour until 9!
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 22
- KCOU 88.1 Presents Manchester Orchestra @ The Blue Note. 7:30pm: Manchester Orchestra is an alternative rock band from Georgia. Their most recent album, Simple Math, has been well received and they are sure to provide a powerful and emotional set. Get there early to see openers The Front Bottoms and O’Brother.
- Violet & The Undercurrents @ Mojo’s. 8:30pm: Come check out some Missouri grown folk rock bands. Get there early for Mojo’s Happy Hour w/ Boone County Tick Pickers!
- John Galbraith and His Grievances @ The Bridge. 8:00pm: John Galbraith will be playing with one of his more recent bands, John Galbraith and His Grievances. Head over to The Bridge for what will definitely be an entertaining show with tons of variety!
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 23
- Mary and the Giant @ The Blue Fugue: Come support local music! Check out indie bluegrass band Mary and the Giant, and opener My Dearest Threat, both from Columbia.
- Husk w/ Jowlz & Maxito Lindo @ Mojo’s. 8:30 pm: Another great opportunity to support some local bands. This show is really for everyone; indie pop, bluegrass, and some powerful acoustic music.
- Brother Bagman @ The Bridge. 8:00pm: With Cree Rider Family Band and Thin Dimes, this show is a promising combination of blues rock and Americana.
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 24
- Dear Rabbit, Paper Ceilings, & Patrick Stout (House Show). 8:30pm: Come enjoy this lovely acoustic show. The perfect way to end your lazy Sunday!